This handle wrap works great for flat handles that need some grip.
Before you get started, you will need:
- tool to be wrapped
- vice, clamp, or other method of securing tool while you wrap the handle
- Secure your item to be wrapped with a vice, clamp or other means.
- If you want to do this with two colors, you will need to melt the ends of each color with a lighter and join them. Take your seam and put it against the upper portion of your handle. Pull both ends to other side, keeping cord taught.
- Wrap working ends over each other clockwise, so that each color returns to the same side it came from.
- For the first pass, bring your cord back over to cover the seam where your colors meet. After this, the pattern will continue down the handle.
- Twist counterclockwise again.
- Repeat pattern until you get to the bottom of your handle.
- Tie the two colors together in a square/reef knot. Pass the ends up and over through the hole at the bottom of the handle. (If it has one)